Part 1: Hair Care - Treatments

28 comments
hair care, hair care routine, hair routine, kerastase, coconut oil, healthy hair, long hair, hair growth, hair mask, hair oil, long hair, curly hair, flash tattoo, foil tattoo, gold tattoo

Hello my lovelies,

In this post I will be sharing two hair treatments that I have been using for the last couple of months that have been great in helping to restore the health and vitality of my hair.

My  latest obsession has been virgin coconut oil. My hair was in dire need of some help, and this natural remedy has worked wonders on my once dry, damaged, brittle and unruly hair.  Coconut oil is wonderfully nourishing as well as incredibly moisturising, leaving the hair feeling soft and glossy  after just a few deep conditioning treatments. It is full of natural antioxidants and nutrients such as Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Iron, and fatty acids that penetrate the hair, and replenish each strand from the outside, inwards. This single ingredient is comparable, or in some instances better, than many top of the line professional hair care  treatments.

hair care, hair care routine, hair routine, kerastase, coconut oil, healthy hair, long hair, hair growth, hair mask, hair oil, long hair, curly hair

How to use Coconut Oil:

1. Grab a jar of virgin coconut oil, a bowl, a wide tooth comb and a plastic shower cap.

2. Using one to three tablespoons of oil (depending on the length of your hair), place this in a bowl and heat it in a microwave until it melts into a liquid (coconut oil is sold at room temperature). Alternatively, you can heat a small amount of oil between the palm of your hands.

3. Once melted, scoop the oil with your fingers and apply to hair, concentrating on vulnerable areas such as split ends or style damaged places. Spend a couple of minutes massaging your scalp to boost circulation and stimulate hair growth. Once the oil is distributed across the hair, take a wide tooth comb and brush the oil throughout the hair to ensure that each strand is evenly coated.

4. Pull your hair back with a hair tie, cover with a shower cap and leave the oil to work its magic. The treatment can be left overnight for a deep conditioning treatment, or for thirty minutes for a quick moisturizing boost.

hair care, hair care routine, hair routine, kerastase, coconut oil, healthy hair, long hair, hair growth, hair mask, hair oil, long hair, curly hair

hair care, hair care routine, hair routine, kerastase, coconut oil, healthy hair, long hair, hair growth, hair mask, hair oil, long hair, curly hair

The second product that I would like to talk about is the Kerastase Masque Force Architecte. This is a post-wash moisturising mask specially formulated to reconstruct and fortify dry and damaged hair, through a unique combination of three active ingredients: Intra-Cylane, Pro-Keratine and Ceramides. 
After shampooing I take a handful of the mask and work it throughout the hair, avoiding the roots and concentrating particularly on the ends of my hair. The cream is rich and velvety in texture, without feeling greasy or heavy on the hair. After this treatment my hair feels soft and shiny and I've also noticed that with increased use of this mask, my hair has been less prone to split ends and breakage.

By incorporating these two treatments into my hair care routine, my locks have shown significant improvements - I couldn't be happier! I'm hoping that with continued use, my hair will just get better and better, and hopefully show signs of growth!

What are your thoughts on this post? What hair treatments do you recommend?

Lots of love, Ana

Follow: FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN' | INSTAGRAM | PINTERESTYOUTUBE

This was not a sponsored post. 
If you wish to use my images please ask for permission.
 All images © 2010-2013 Ana Sofia

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

28 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing these helpful tips!
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dressedwithsoul Aww I'm glad you enjoyed reading this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using coconut oil as a hair mask, it works so well!!!


    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post and tips hunny!

    www.emma-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post! Will try the treatments as my hair could definitely benefit :) x Ania http://aniaaniapawlak.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coconut oil really gives a hair a break for chemicals.
    I love it when im putting it on my hair.
    Bye bye to tangles
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great post! I use to have really frizzy and dry long hair, and I hated it so much I chopped it off instead of trying to fix it! Your hair looks beautiful though. I've heard such great things about using coconut oil in your hair, maybe I will now...

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I love to use coconut oil in my hair. It makes my hair sooo soft and smooth! :)

    X Marjolein
    http://misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! ♥
    You are making me jealous, pretty!

    adoorablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. coconut oil works wonders for me too.Nice tips.
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog ! If you want we can follow each other on GFC ,Bloglovin/G+..Let me know !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post

    vnssachn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coconut oil is magical - addicted to it! ;) Wonderful tips, Ana! Beautiful pictures! Following you on bloglovin and facebook, dear! Thanks a lot for commenting on my blog! So nice of you!

    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving using coconut oil in my hair. It's such a great product and I like that it's natural.

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this post and how you explained to use coconut oil! I've been using it on my skin and wasn't sure how to use it on my hair or if it was to be left in or washed out so thanks for these tips, I'd love to try this as an overnight treatment now x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. sometimes, I use coconut oil to moisturize my hair too since I bleached my hair and it is very dried!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your blog is one of my life goals, honestly the minimalism looks glam!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Ana!
    Thanks for the info. I've been thinking to use that too
    I think I'll try it soon :)

    come check my latest post :
    www.marissaabigail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed your post! Thank you for your kind words! xx Rena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Coconut oil is a life saver! I use it for my hair whenever I can and am so glad I discovered it. Great post with great tips, you have a lovely blog!

    Diana xo | http://mylovelierdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love coconut oil and think it's something that everyone needs to have in their beauty cupboard!! Great for nails, hair, body, skincare - it's brilliant! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love coconut oil! It really helped to grow my hair out. I've been wanting to try Kerastase for so long, I definitely need that mask!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the coconut oil reminder! Love that stuff. However, if I use too much it makes my hair greasy even after washing my hair! Bleh. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the coconut oil reminder! Love that stuff. However, if I use too much it makes my hair greasy even after washing my hair! Bleh. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  24. such amazing post <33 thanks for sharing!

    xx,
    www.liviapangdoko.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love coconut oil too and will try using them on my hair! Thanks for sharing!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing a great information with us .... please read below also...
    Chemotherapy Wig
    Female Hair Wigs

    ReplyDelete

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig